Productivity through unity and chivalry through knowledge. A platform for brothers to initiate extraordinary ideas that aims to benefit the community of brothers in any field possible.
“BRONUS is all about having a strong desire to build a strong community of male muslims within NUS. It strives to serve as a safe and private platform for male muslims to achieve holistic growth, get connected and synthesise ideas together.”
Fortnightly Futsal Sessions
The idea is to get some participants to get together for a simple game of non-competitive soccer to bond and to be introduced to the new ground-up initiative. These fortnightly engagement sessions are aimed at getting the current Brothers of NUS committee to recruit interested and potential undergrads informally.
It is a bread-and-butter event by Brothers of NUS done throughout the academic year in the spirit of continuity and event sustainability since 2016/2017 Semester 2. The objectives of these sessions include:
1. To introduce NUS Muslim Male undergraduates to a ground-up initiative catered to them.
2. To bond over a game of non-competitive soccer/other non-contact sports, where anyone, regardless of sporting background (or a lack of it) can participate and have fun.
3. To have an avenue for the NUS Muslim Male community to get to know one another.
Deen & Dunia Series
The Deen & Dunya Series is a talk with the theme “Designing Bright Muslim Professionals & Entrepreneurs: Their Benefits to the Society.” The talk seeks to equip male Muslim undergraduates with the knowledge and skills required to survive and thrive in the professional and entrepreneurial world, as well as to remind the participants of their obligations towards the society.
The objectives of these sessions include:
- To promote the key values, professionalism and responsibility, in terms of practising our deen to the very detail of decision making and critical thinking.
- To allow participants to understand and learn from seniors who have knowledge and experience in the professional world.
- To foster bonds between male Muslim undergraduates in NUS.
The Khutbah Series is a weekly initiative to convert the pdf format of the Friday sermon content into a video format. The video will be released any day (preferably Thursdays) before the weekly Friday sermon at 1pm. These videos aim to recap the thematic Friday sermons commissioned by the Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura (MUIS). The script used for the videos is the same script; word-for-word, with the pdf version released in MUIS’s website.
These videos are posted mainly in the Brothers of NUS Facebook page and YouTube channel.
Brothers to Umrah
The Brothers to Umrah Series is an annual initiative to gather penultimate undergraduates who would be graduating from NUS and other local universities to visit the holy cities for Umrah at a student rate.
Albeit a simple service to connect undergraduates with local travel agencies, this initiative hopes to increase the awareness towards the possibility of doing grad-trips with their fellow batchmates to Mecca and increase ties of kinship through this timeless journey.