“…This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion…”
Introduction to NUS Muslim Society
The National University of Singapore Muslim Society (NUSMS) was established in 1963 to provide a platform for both undergraduates and graduates to engage in activities that serve the Muslim community in campus and the nation in general.
Our five strategic thrusts, which are social integration, religious development, academic innovation, inter-religious understanding and community engagement, allow the society to use these as a basis in engaging individuals through our events and activities. The society’s main function is to see to its members’ welfare and continuously provide an avenue for them to take on leadership roles during their term of study in NUS.
1. Create a suitable atmosphere for the fulfillment of Islamic duties in NUS.
2. Uphold and promote the interests of Islam in NUS.
3. Encourage Muslims to seek beneficial knowledge including Islamic knowledge.
4. Promote and preserve unity amongst all Muslims, regardless of race, nationality,
language, social status, and jurisprudential school of thought.
5. Encourage members to be of mercy and service to all creation.
The NUS Muslim Society Constitution
The Constitution is a formal document which, at its core, lays out the society’s purpose and objectives and the key responsibilities and duties of the society’s Executive Committee. It serves as a guideline for the office bearers of the society and it is subject to amendments, based on the discretion of the current Executive Committee.
The latest amended copy of the Constitution can be downloaded via this link: